The unit of poetry was slotted for three weeks for four different types of poetry: lyrical, humorous, free verse, and narrative. So do you see my problem?
Every other day we interacted with a new poetry and used a quick five question STAAR-like stem quiz to assess their mastery. With the Mastery Connect, I could easily see where I needed to speed up and slow down when approaching different elements of poetry.
BONUS: I love this website for classic poetry.




Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great way to use your data. I could also see where putting this data into the hands of the students could help them determine where they need to focus their time. Poetry is so highly personal that students seem to find a type that they like and spend all of their time camped out there. Knowing where they are challenged could help them break out of the rut!
ReplyDelete