Sunday, August 14, 2016

So excited to be a part of Cohort 1!

As we officially start back to school, I am reminded how lucky I am to be part of the SBISD team. I have to say that convocation was simply amazing! I don't know a single person that left there not feeling totally energized and pumped up for this school year. I am still so impressed with the amount of work and planning that went into this event.

I have a lot that I want to work on this year. I feel that this year will truly be transformational. In Prek this year, we will begin using I-Station. I am particularly excited about this because I have seen how effective this program has been in customizing student learning and, as a result, student achievement. In addition, I want to incorporate digital portfolios (Seesaw) into my classroom this school year as well. Parent orientation is coming up on August 22, where I will be giving my spiel to parents about the awesomeness of this program. By second semester, I hope to begin using Seesaw as a tool for global collaboration, where PreK classrooms from around the world can communicate and learn from one another.

Also this year, our campus will be focusing more on action based research. I really was very much inspired by convocation and I want to continue to keep my campus' teachers motivated, especially into the spring semester when we are all tired and just a little cranky. Therefore, (one of) my action based research project(s) will be centered around student success and teacher motivation. And of course, as a Vanguard teacher, it wouldn't be complete without integrating some technology in there. My results will be presented by creating my own version of a "Ted Talk" as well as a video that reminds teachers in February why it is that they do what they do and how their dedication affects their students' success.

We are off to a great start. I am excited to see where this year takes the wonderful teachers of Vanguard Cohort 1. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are off to a great start! I love your plan to incorporate teacher motivation into your action research, and I can't wait to see your TED talk. I'm feeling pretty inspired right now, and other Cohort I teachers might need to brush up on public speaking?! Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm, this year will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete