Thursday, February 28, 2019
Student Goal Setting in Kindergarten
As I was completing Mid Year Testing with my kinder babies, I noticed that kids were getting frustrated because they didn't know all the answers and couldn't do everything they thought they should be able to do. I never told them what they should be able to do, but as we all do, they have this idea that they should be able to answer any question that I ask them correctly. I started showing these kids where they were at the beginning of the year so they could see their growth. This really helped my kids to feel successful and realize that they are learning and growing like they should be. This got me thinking, I really need to do this with all my kids. We are starting small and just creating reading goals, but I would like to add this to math and writing as well. Taking the time to meet with them and talk with them about what they already know and what our next goal is helps them to feel successful and gives them ownership over their goals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment