Thursday, November 17, 2016

'Appy Hour! Pour Me Another...and Another

I have committed to my classes to do at least one new app or tech project every two weeks. We have made five social studies projects on historical and contemporary heroes. We have also created projects about government and historical documents. The kids LOVE this Smart Songs and were able to use them to create tech projects.



This year I am trying to spill into Language Arts with tech projects. Since technology makes the students so in LOVE with social studies, why can't it engage and motivate students in reading? 
I started with Shadow Puppet app. The students were very motivated to read so they could summarize and infer the moral of folktales. I then tried it for their book club book which is on an instructional level. WOW! They were so motivated to keep with their assignments and discussions that I now know a tech project is must for book clubs now. I am going to try Show Me, Explain Everything, and PicCollage for reading. 





2 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear more about your LA connections. ELA seems to be the most difficult place for people to integrate technology - and I'd love to have some examples to show them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://themomblogger.blogspot.com/2016/11/folktales-and-shadow-puppets.html

    ReplyDelete