Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

November, we are almost done with this semester and is time to stop and look back. I find myself saying my usual phrase more often, "figure it out" and most of the time my students do! (figure it out)

I am very proud of the way my students are working now. They trust that there is something to learn and that I will help them solve the problem but not by giving them the answers they know they will have to think. I have been gradually incorporating technology into the class activities. This helps me focus on the students that really need a little extra instruction.


The students conversations in the classroom are getting better every day. They are helping each other, working together and really becoming better individuals and better scientists. I have a long way to go since I have set such high expectations for myself but again slow and steady wins the race and I want to get there and I am taking my students to victory!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your positive voice back. It is a slow climb, and one that is going to continue to be frustrating until we have a systemic change. You can leading the charge, and we are so thankful for you! You are doing great things for your students!! Keep looking to the positives and the incremental wins.

    P.S. I couldn't see the vids.

    ReplyDelete